We’re headed back once again in beautiful Las Vegas for the 2013 International CES. (That’s Consumer Electronics Show for you noobs.) It’s an insane amount of all things tech, from phones, to TVs to cars to tablets to — well, just about anything you can think of, and a number of things that defy logic.
Some CES basics:
- CES doesn’t officially start until Tuesday, Jan. 8. That’s when the show floors open.
- But Monday, Jan. 7, is Media Day. Press conference after press conference. It’s a little insane, actually.
- And stuff’s actually going down on Sunday, too.
- Unlike years past, the Adult Entertainment Expo isn’t taking place at the same time, adjacent to some of the same venues. There shall be no (or at least not quite as much) accidental mixing of nerds and nipples. (We can’t be held responsible for what happens in Vegas after hours, though.)
- We’re going to have more liveblogs than you’ll be able to follow. It’ll be epic.
The latest Android CES news
How best to keep up with the Android news? Start right here, on this page. All of our CES stories will land here, and we’ll update this top section with the most important stuff. So bookmark it. Also be sure you’re one of the more than 121,000 people locked in on the @AndroidCentral Twitter feed, and don’t forget about our 24,000-strong Google+ page as well.
If you’re looking for some behind the scenes coverage, follow Phil (Twitter,Google+); Anndrew (Twitter, Google+), Alex (Twitter, Google+) and Andrew (Twitter, Google+) from ground level. It could get messy.
And look for this little Lloyd logo in all of our CES 2013 stories. It’s an easy way to find the breaking CES news. And click on it to get back to this page.
We’ve got more than a month’s worth of work to cram into a few short days, and the news starts long before the show even gets under way. So we’ll compile every damn CES 2013 story here for easy reading.
Strap it on, folks.