- With Jelly Bean, blind users can use ‘Gesture Mode’ to reliably navigate the UI using touch and swipe gestures in combination with speech output.
- With the new accessibility focus feature, you can move a cursor between controls to maintain a target for the next action or a source for the next navigation event. You can double tap anywhere to launch the current item with accessibility focus.
- Text traversal in accessibility now gives you more control – choose to move between pages, paragraphs, lines, words or characters.
- TalkBack, a screenreader for Android, now supports gestures to trigger actions, to navigate applications, and traverse text.
- Get full support for braille accessibility services (download BrailleBack on Google Play).
- With Android Beam, you can now easily share your photos and videos.
- Instantly pair your phone or tablet to Bluetooth® devices like headsets or speakers that support the Simple Secure Pairing standard by just tapping them together.
- Support for USB audio docks, shipping later this year.
Browser and WebView
- Browser now has better HTML5 video support, and has a new user experience. Just touch the video to play and pause, and smoothly transition into and out of fullscreen mode.
- Browser now supports the updated HTML5 Media Capture specification on input elements.
- WebView now supports vertical text, including Ruby Text and other vertical text glyphs.
- Calendar is more buttery. Content fades in, animations are sprinkled throughout, and swiping/paging between days is smoother.
- Calendar will now display event colors if you’ve given your event a color on your PC.
- The ‘Today’ button on the action bar now shows the current day. When viewing an event’s details, you can now email all the guests with a single tap.
- Notifications for upcoming events now display more of the event description to let you quickly see relevant details without having to open the app.
- Notifications for upcoming events now let you email all the guests without opening the app, and you can choose a quick response such as “Be there in 10 minutes” or type your own.
- A new option in Calendar settings lets you create your own default quick responses for emailing guests.
- You can now snooze an upcoming event reminder right from the notification.
- Calendar has a new 7″ tablet layout that is optimized for the form factor.
- When viewing Calendar in portrait orientation on tablets, you can hide or expand controls to give you complete control over how you view your Calendar space.
- Calendar will now remember whether you’ve chosen to hide or expand controls so you have a consistent experience viewing Calendar whenever you open it.
Camera and Gallery
- You can now swipe from the camera viewfinder to quickly review photos you’ve taken without having to leave the camera app. You can swipe back to the camera viewfinder to start snapping photos again.
- When viewing photos in Gallery, you can pinch to zoom out to enter “filmstrip mode” and rapidly review photos. When viewing photos in filmstrip mode, you can swipe up or down to delete an individual photo. You can also undo the delete with a single tap.
- When taking a photo, a new animation sweeps your photo off the screen. There is now a new paging animation when swiping between photos.
- Camera features a new animation for switching between the front-facing and back cameras.
- When focusing on an object in Camera, a new animation gives you visual feedback on your focus state.
Gallery features a new animation when selecting a photo from within the album view and back.
[full article HERE]